Description Looking for a new opportunity? You should apply for this Help Desk Analyst position with a growing company in the Manufacturing field! If you are a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills – and you enjoy a fast-paced team-driven environment – we invite you to apply. Service Desk Analysts represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. The perfect candidate for this job will be able to create knowledge articles and arrange training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. Can you handle complex end-user support issues and provide support to team members by focusing and restoring service to the end users? This job might be for you. As the Help Desk Analyst, it is important that you understand how your role relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. We need the person in this position to understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. Another important piece of knowledge candidates should have is how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. You might also be asked to cover alternative shifts when needed.
Your responsibilities in this role
– This position must facilitate user account management by closing tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc. Requirements – Be able to prioritize workload and perform in a fast-paced and challenging environment
– ITIL certification a plus
– Possess qualifications to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
– It is preferred for applicants to have technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems
– 3+ years’ of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
– Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
– Working knowledge in one or more programming or scripting language
– Active problem-solver who listens for customer cues and actively resolves problems with grace and integrity
– Strong communication and social skills and able to receive criticism well
– Networking experience
– Proven knowledge of Desktop Support
– Active Directory experience
– DNS experience
– Virtual Machines experience
– Wireless Connectivity experience preferred
– If you have a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude, you will be strongly preferred
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.