Description Looking for a new opportunity? You might be right for this Help Desk Analyst position with a growing company. Candidates for this position should keep in mind that we are looking for a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment. We need a Service Desk Analyst who can represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. You might find yourself creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. This is the perfect job for you if you want work where you will spend most of your time handling complex end-user support issues and providing support to team members by focusing on restoring service to the end users. It is also important for you to understand how your role as the Help Desk Analyst relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. Understanding Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes is also important. Another important piece of knowledge candidates should have is how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. There is a chance that you could cover alternative shifts when needed.
What you get to do every day
– This position must facilitate user account management by closing tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment Requirements – Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
– Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills
– Background in one or more programming or scripting language
– Ability to multitask, collaborate and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds in a fast-paced environment
– This position is best filled with someone who has technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems
– ITIL certification will strengthen your position for the job
– If you have a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude, you will be strongly preferred
– In this position, the candidate will be tasked with analyzing complex business problems, proposing effective solutions and understanding and applying business vision and direction
– Creative problem solver who anticipates risks and opportunities and maintains a vision for continuous improvement
– Experience with Software Installation
– Networks experience
– Cisco VPN experience
– Microsoft Office 365 experience desired
– Command of Active Directory
– Proven knowledge of hardware & software installation
– 3+ years’ of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.