This role is onsite in Madison, WI. Looking for a new opportunity? You might find this growing company in the Manufacturing field’s Help Desk Analyst position to be just what you’re looking for! You’ll be right for this position if you are a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment. This Service Desk Analyst job’s main duty is to represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. You might find yourself creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. Can you handle complex end-user support issues and provide support to team members by focusing and restoring service to the end users? This job might be for you. As the Help Desk Analyst, you should also be aware of how your role relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. We also need the chosen candidate for this position to understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. One of the most important parts, though, is how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. There might also be times when you need to cover alternative shifts. This role is onsite in Madison, WI.
– This job’s primary priority is to facilitate user account management by handling onboarding, change and departure processes
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
Requirements – Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
– Background in one or more programming or scripting language
– You will be among the top candidates for the job if you have ITIL certification
– 2+ years of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
– Command of Support Tickets
– Experience with Hardware Troubleshooting
– Solid understanding of Cisco Networking
– Adeptness in Workstation Hardware
– Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
– Strong familiarity with Network Troubleshooting
– Troubleshoot experience
– You’ll be a good fit for this position if you have technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems
– In this role, the candidate will be able to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
– It is preferred for applicants to have a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude
– Critical thinking, problem solving, ability to work independently
– Can work independently with minimal supervision
– Great written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.