If you are looking for work as a Help Desk Analyst, you could find the right opportunity with Robert Half! This long-term contract to hire employment opportunity is based in the West Trenton, New Jersey area. You should apply today if you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team. The primary function of this job is handling complex end-user support issues and providing support to team members by focusing on restoring service to the end users. If you understand how your role as the Help Desk Analyst relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives, you will have an edge over the competition. If you understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes, you will have an edge over the competition. We need the person in this position to know how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. This is the perfect Service Desk Analyst job for you if you want to represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. This position could certainly have duties including creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. This Analyst job sometimes includes covering alternative shifts when needed. You’ll be right for this position if you are a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment.
– You might be good at this job if you believe you can facilitate user account management by handling onboarding, change and departure processes
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
– Provide guidance to Tier 1/2 support and team members
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
Requirements – Complex problem solving skills are a must. Candidate must be able to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
– This position requires technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems
– Strong problem-solving skills
– You might be a good fit for this position if you have a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude
– Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
– ITIL certification is an even more strongly preferred point
– Azure Active Directory experience desired
– Strong familiarity with Citrix
– Command of Microsoft Office 365
– Cisco Networking experience preferred
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills
– 3+ years’ of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
– Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
– One or more programming or scripting language skills required
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.