Robert Half is looking for a Help Desk Analyst II to join our team. You should apply today if you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team. This Service Desk Analyst job is for someone who can represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. This position could certainly have duties including creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. The primary function of this job is handling complex end-user support issues and providing support to team members by focusing on restoring service to the end users. As the Help Desk Analyst, you should also be aware of how your role relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. Candidates should also be able to understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. Also, how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. Analysts may be asked to cover alternative shifts when needed. This position requires a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment. A position with a contract to hire availability recently became available with a company in the Health Pharm/Biotech field. Located in Chicago Heights, Illinois, this Help Desk Analyst II role will be a contract to hire opening.
What you get to do every day
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Facilitate user account management: Onboarding, change and departure processes
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc
Requirements – ITIL certification will strengthen your position for the job
– Working knowledge in one or more programming or scripting language
– Strong communication and social skills and able to receive criticism well
– Technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems
– 3+ years’ of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
– The ideal candidate should be able to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
– Ability to multitask, collaborate and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds in a fast-paced environment
– It is preferred for applicants to have a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude
– Capable of working independently with minimal oversight
– Creative problem solver who anticipates risks and opportunities and maintains a vision for continuous improvement
– Demonstrated knowledge of Windows Enviornment
– Break Fix experience required
– Active Directory experience
– Adeptness in Cisco Routers
– Service Desk Tickets experience
– Deep understanding of switches
– Experience with Desktop Support
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.