Description Looking for a new opportunity? Your next position might be this growing company’s Help Desk Analyst role! Apply for this position today if you think you are a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment. This Service Desk Analyst job’s main duty is to represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. This position sometimes includes creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. The biggest part of this job is handling complex end-user support issues and providing support to team members by focusing on restoring service to the end users. One of the most important parts, though, is how your role as the Help Desk Analyst relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. It is important for the chosen candidate to understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. We also need the chosen candidate for this position to know how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. You might also be asked to cover alternative shifts when needed.
– This job succeeds when it can facilitate user account management by handling onboarding, change and departure processes
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment Requirements – Eager problem-solver who listens for customer cues and actively resolves problems with grace and integrity
– Able to work independently with a minimal amount of oversight
– Background in one or more programming or scripting language
– Possess skill set to successfully analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
– This position is best filled with someone who has technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems
– If you’re looking for job openings and have a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude, you might be a good fit for this position
– Ability to handle multiple tasks to prioritize needs and expedite tasks upon request
– 3+ years of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
– ITIL certification is a big plus for this job
– T1 – T4 experience
– Proficiency in PC skills
– PC desktop/workstations experience
– PC Hardware experience
– Strong communication and social skills
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.