Description You might be the Help Desk Analyst Robert Half is looking for! If you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team, you’d be great for this position! You’ll be great at this Service Desk Analyst job if you can represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. That might mean creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. The biggest part of this job is handling complex end-user support issues and providing support to team members by focusing on restoring service to the end users. As the Help Desk Analyst, you should also be aware of how your role relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. Candidates should also be able to understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. Candidates should also be aware of how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. This Analyst job sometimes includes covering alternative shifts when needed. We encourage any applicants who fit the description of a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment. This is a long-term contract / temporary to hire opportunity. This Help Desk Analyst II opportunity will be located in the Purchase, New York area and will be a long-term contract / temporary to hire position.
What you get to do every day
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
– If you can facilitate user account management by handling onboarding, change and departure processes, you’ll do well in this job
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members Requirements – This position will be best given to a person with ITIL certification
– Technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems is required for success at this position
– 1+ years of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
– Capable of working independently with minimal oversight
– Working knowledge in one or more programming or scripting language
– Solid understanding of T1 – T4
– Excellent oral and written communications skills
– This position is best filled with someone who has a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– In this position, the candidate will be tasked with analyzing complex business problems, proposing effective solutions and understanding and applying business vision and direction
– Ability to multitask, collaborate and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds in a fast-paced environment
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.