Description If you’re in the market for an accounting role in the Deer Park, Texas area, submit an application for Robert Half’s open Senior Accountant position. Work with a ever-growing company to escalate your career and expand your knowledge. Apply now, as this role needs to be filled instantly. This is a long-term contract / temporary opportunity.
What you get to do every day
– Arrange monthly consolidated P& L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
– Achieve compliance with corporate accounting policies and procedures and controls by working with business partners
– Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconciliations, reports) in compliance with GAAP
– Ad-hoc projects as necessary
– Dedication to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
– Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
– Compose Balance Sheet account reconciliations
– Be a part of various initiatives spanning multiple departments
– Coordinate quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors Requirements – Ability to work well with functional department managers
– Ability to thrive in a dynamic, high pressure environment, to prioritize deals and adapt to quick changes while remaining diligent
– Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
– BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are desired
– Ability to meet deadlines
– Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
– Aptitude for analyzing financial data and generating accurate reports in a timely manner
– Minimum 5-7 years of overall general accounting experience
– Expertise in Hydrocarbon
– Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
– Strong familiarity with Crude Oil
– SAP experience
– SEC reporting and SOX compliance is a plus
– Strong analytical, communication, and leadership skills
– Efficient in ERP systems
– Strong organization skills with a sense of urgency and capable of prioritizing multiple tasks
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.