Information Systems Administrator will oversee the Maintenance, configuration, and reliable operations of computer and application systems. The incumbent would install hardware and software, and participate in research and development to continuously improve and keep up with the IT business needs of their organization. System administrators also actively resolve problems and issues with computer and server systems to limit work disruptions within the company.
The Incumbent should succeed if he meets these KPI’s:
• Excellent Work Order Completion Record
• Maintain very low downtime in our Operating Systems
• Create New Standard Operating Procedures for all applications
• Train all users on all applications
Competencies required for this position should include:
1. Analysis Skills – identifies significant problems and opportunities.
2. Organization/Planning – Plans, organizes schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities. Effectively juggles multiple projects. Pays appropriate
attention to detail.
3. Technical Skills – are the abilities and knowledge needed to perform specific tasks. They are practical, and often relate to mechanical, information technology, mathematical, or scientific
4. Informing – Provides information people need in order to know how to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team and the organization
5. Problem Solving Ability – the ability to identify alternative solutions to a problem and select the best option without interruption to operations. The ability to keep critical issues in context so that you can understand what is happening and effectively use one’s knowledge to solve the problems.
Essential Functions for this position should include, but not limited to:
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
• Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems and virtualization
• Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
• Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
• Provide documentation and technical specifications to IS Manager for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
• Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
• Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
• Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
• Create add-on applications to perform small features on top of ERP system
• Train users on system applications
• Evaluate Product Costing and resolve variances
• Handle all IT Procurement needs
• Prepare Standard Operating Procedures for each Process in our Information Systems applications
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
• 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
• System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
• Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
• Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
• Experience with scripting and automation tools
• A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
• Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.