Description Looking for a new opportunity? There is a Help Desk Analyst position at this growing company in the Hi Tech Engineering field that might be for you. We’re looking for a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment, so if that’s you, we invite you to apply! This is the perfect Service Desk Analyst job for you if you want to represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. You’ll succeed at this job if you’re comfortable with creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. This job requires you to handle complex end-user support issues and provide support to team members by focusing and restoring service to the end users. One of the most important parts, though, is how your role as the Help Desk Analyst relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. We also need the chosen candidate for this position to understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. Another important piece of knowledge candidates should have is how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. As an Analyst, you may be asked to cover alternative shifts when needed.
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– You’ll do well in this job if you can facilitate user account management. That involves handling onboarding, change and departure processes Requirements – This position is best filled with someone who has a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude
– Background in one or more programming or scripting language
– Ability to simplify complex problems and build solutions
– Capable of analyzing complex business problems, proposing effective solutions and understanding and applying business vision and direction
– Solid understanding of Windows OS
– Strong familiarity with DNS
– Expertise in Active Directory
– DHCP experience preferred
– If you have ITIL certification, you are strongly encouraged to apply
– This position requires technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems
– Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, and listening)
– Can work independently with minimal supervision
– 3+ years of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.