Cognizant Technology Solutions is seeking for “Java backend Developer ” who could join in our team of IT professionals in a permanent role. If you meet our background requirements and skills and looking for an opportunity to be rewarded for your skills and expertise, here is the ideal opportunity for you!
“Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a “Green Card”) for this role.
Role: Java full stack Developer
Job Location: Morris plains, NJ ( Initially Remote till offices open up)
Work experience required: 7 – 15 yrs
Skill set: Core Java, Spring Boot, React JS,AWS
* Other technologies used include Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Open Shift, Docker, AWS, NIFI, Jenkins, Hibernate, Oracle and PostgreSQL Database.
* Experience with Apache Sparks and Kafka is a big plus.
* Collaborate with other software engineers, domain experts, and end-users, to build the right solutions that address our business needs.
* Work on a development team using agile methodologies
* Continuous focus on code quality including code reviews
* E2E test automation
* E2E PVS automation
* Provide full life cycle development with Java technology stack
* Lead-level understanding of Core Java 1.8+
* Demonstrable experience in any ETL tools.
* Demonstrable experience with Spring Framework (boot, batch, integration, mvc)
* Demonstrable experience with PostgreSQL including data modeling, partitioning and performance tuning
* Demonstrable experience with JBoss EAP 7+
* Demonstrable experience with Restful and SOAP-based web services, JSON and XML
* Demonstrable experience with Mongodb Integration
* Demonstrable experience with TDD methodologies, and tools such as Junit, Mockito, TestNG
* Experience with JMS queues and JDBC
* Experience with behavior-driven testing frameworks like Cucumber and integration-testing frameworks like Selenium and SoapUI
* Experience with continuous integration systems like Jenkins
* Agile development experience
* Experience with SQL Server and MemSql are preferred but not required.
Good to have:
* Experience working for Healtchare – PBM domain
* Experience working with high end technology product development environment.
* Design and code high quality deliverables adhering to defined standards and design principles
* Create unit tests and ensure code coverage is met as per the agreed standards
* Assumes responsibility for the quality and timeliness of the team’s deliverables;
* Provide Java and database based solutions by studying existing technology architecture; analyzing browser compatibility techniques; evaluating solution alternatives; developing prototypes; and writing detailed technical requirements;
* Fosters a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of technology and instills the principles of this culture in a team.
* Ensures that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines;
* Provides detailed and timely status updates to management;
* Helps establish and enhance development policies, procedures, and standards and enforces their implementation upon their team of developers;
* Maintains technical knowledge and understanding of the latest development methodologies and best practices by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations;
* Ensures quality and consistency throughout the architecture and implementation of the code base;
* Acts as a highly competent advisor to their manager, leads and team
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 15 2022
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at or follow us
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email with your request and contact information.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.