Our client, a digital software company with a corporate office in San Diego is looking to bring on a Junior Accountants to join their growing team. This is career-building opportunity where you’ll learn to prepare monthly and year-end closings, fixed asset maintenance, journal entries, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. You’ll also have assist various aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close.
As the Junior Accountant, you’ll be responsible for:
Duties will include special projects, bank reconciliations, reconciling and posting to general ledger, assistance in financial statement preparation and assignments in one or more of the following areas: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll.
– Accounts payable and receivable processing
– Bank reconciliation
– Contract review
– Journal entries and general ledger work
– Payroll processing (light)
– Ad hoc responsibilities as assigned
– Researching and correcting account discrepancies
– Making sure that accounts contained in the general ledger are correct
– Assisting with audit fieldwork for both operational and financial audit
– Performing other related duties and participating in special projects as assigned
– Input data
– Facilitating full cycle Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes
– Prepare journal entries monthly- Applicants are recommended to hold an AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
– Adeptness in journal entries
– Demonstrated knowledge of accruals
– Comprehensive knowledge of month end closings
– Experience with financial reconciliation
– Command of financial statement preparation
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is highly preferred
1+ years of experience of full-cycle accounting and/or month end
Experience with at least 1-2 accounting/finance software such as QuickBooks, Excel, SAP, Oracle, NetSuite, Yardi, etc.…
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.