Description Robert Half is looking for a Help Desk Analyst II to join our team. This short-term contract / temporary employment opportunity is based in the Baltimore, Maryland area. You’ll be right for this position if you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team. You’ll mostly be handling complex end-user support issues and providing support to team members by focusing on restoring service to the end users. We need the person in this position to know how your role as the Help Desk Analyst relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. It is also required for this position to understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. It is also required for this position to know how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. We’re looking for a Service Desk Analyst who can represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. Your duties might include creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. Covering alternative shifts when needed is often necessary with this Analyst job. Apply for this position today if you think you are a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment. This role is with a company in the Non-Profit field.
How you will make an impact
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– The most important thing about this job is to facilitate user account management. This includes handling onboarding, change and departure processes Requirements
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Applicants with ITIL certification are preferred
– Working knowledge in one or more programming or scripting language
– Applicants should have technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems
– Be able to prioritize workload and perform in a fast-paced and challenging environment
– 3+ years’ of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
– If you’re looking for job openings and have a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude, you might be a good fit for this position
– Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
– Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
– JIRA experience
– Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
– Proficiency in Mac Computers
– Foundational knowledge in MS Windows 10 and Mac OS
– Interested candidates should be able to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.