Title by Manager
Manager, GFS DSC Financial System Validations
Clean Job Title
Manager, DSC Financial System Validations
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next- generation, cutting-edge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with other experts in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
Want to make an impact that matters? Consider Deloitte Global.
Work you’ll do
The Global DSC Financial System Validations manager is part of GFS Operations. You will work to ensure the FSV team conducts and provides important controls and monitoring services of the firm revenue reporting to SWIFT geographies. Ensuring the establishment of monitoring controls around revenue and receivables is a key responsibility to the role. You will collaborate with Global business leaders, risk leaders, technology teams, and business process owners across geographies. Communication and strong relationships across the Geography, Technology and Information & SAP Security teams will also be vital in this role.
Key responsibilities include:
• • Serve as liaison between Global Technology and Finance teams to deliver timely and expert insight on resolving system interface issues and ensuring integrity of the financial reporting systems
• • Lead the continual documenting, monitoring, process improvement and training of internal control processes within the FSV team
• • Must conduct analysis of daily problems for trends and take steps to correct and mitigate future recurrences
• • Lead end-to-end control process reviews to identify inefficiencies or areas of risk and work with team to establish new controls and reporting solutions
• • Lead team to execute special projects and management requests (ad hoc)
• • Demonstrate understanding of business processes, internal controls and compliance risk management, and related standards and best practices
• • Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all finance applications and remain informed of changes that have integration points or may impact supported areas. Communicate potential impacts and develop mitigation plans to minimize risk.
• • Submit system change requests as needed and track progress through to completion
• • Support and suggest ways to continuously improve processes and operations to enhance relationships and impact the support of Global Business and Technology teams
• • Coordinate and direct a virtual team – provide guidance, direction, and track individual process tasks performed by the team
• • Coordinate implementation of new or improved standardized processes
• • Participate in oversight of testing software changes and new implementations
• • Manage the onboarding of new Geographies to the SWIFT system. Provide documentation and conduct training and follow up sessions to key stakeholders and ensuring all automated processes are tested for go live
• • Communicate regularly with Global Finance teams to identify and resolve internal customer problems, issues or concerns
• • Assist in ensuring the GFS Confidential Information Management Plan (CIMP) for the team operates as intended
What you’ll be part of – our Deloitte Global Culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and implement global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has opportunities. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Who you’ll work with:
Global Finance Services uses the latest technology and insights to provide Deloitte with a fully-managed, global financial solution. We develop world-class processes that drive efficiency and effectiveness to ensure consistency and compliance across our global network.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Computer Science or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications. An advanced degree is also preferred.
• 7 or more years, relevant experience required.
• Position will have significant work complexity and requires a strong grasp of intermediate accounting principles.
• Experience working with business application owners and development teams to document and clarify business and user requirements and manage scope of defined features and functions for multiple projects and across functions.
• Business and/or technical experience in SAP application, required.
• Extensive experience with full life-cycle testing methodologies (test cases/scripts, execution and documenting results), required.
• Expertise utilizing Tosca, HPQC and other testing tools/applications, required.
• Must have strong analytical abilities, negotiation/presentation skills, and organizational/planning abilities. Strong leadership and management skills.
• Ability to work productively with all levels in a large organization.
How you’ll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you’ll receive:
Deloitte’s Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do
– that’s why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.