Power, Utilities & Renewables – GE Smallworld Architect-Senior Consultant
Are you an GE Smallworld professional experienced with clients in Power, Utilities, or Renewables? Our practice is undergoing notable growth and high demand for GE Smallworld talent. We proudly give our consultants the chance to work with world-class organizations solving the most interesting business issues as part of a collaborative team environment.
Work You’ll Do
Our practitioners work collaboratively within integrated, cross-functional teams to deliver comprehensive strategies and implementation program that help our clients prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda and maximize operational efficiency. Teamwork is crucial as teams are composed of a diverse group of specialists across multiple disciplines from both within our consulting practice and from our clients, helping drive towards a successful outcome. Our practitioners are expected to own and deliver their respective deliverables while managing different clients and other stakeholders.
• Collaborate with client counterpart to gain buy in for the overall solution architecture and meet client enterprise architecture standards
• Design and implement solutions
• Comprehend business strategies and requirements and develop necessary designs and test strategies to ensure projects and solutions satisfy those needs
• Act as a contributing member of the project team from project inception to completion
• Actively listen to client problems and needs to implement that information when creating solutions plans
• Provide advice and make decisions about which technologies would be suitable to use for various projects
• Consistently monitor the scope of projects
• Collaborate with project managers and other staff members to develop budgets and timelines for solutions
• Assess and evaluate risk as required
• Maintain understanding of how individual work and decisions fit into the broader organizational picture
• Keep skills updated and remain proactively aware of happenings and current events in the industry
• Mentor, educate, and train colleagues as requested
• 6-10 years of relevant consulting or Power, Utilities & Renewables industry experience architecting/designing and testing GE Smallworld (Core/EO/GDO/GSS/Admin) applications
• 5-7 years of experience with Interfaces & System Architecture for medium to large IT system implementation
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or related field
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
• Advanced knowledge of GE Smallworld (Core/EO/GDO/GSS/Admin) applications and ability to understand the technical documentation and develop testing strategies to effectively validate the solution.
• Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Interfaces & System Architecture and ability to understand the technical requirements that reference interface/middleware inbound and /or outbound connections between GE Smallworld and external applications.
• Advanced knowledge of Electric/Natural Gas Utilities
o Electric Distribution/Transmission Networks
o Natural Gas Distribution Networks
• Proven history of generating innovative and effective solutions
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills to explain complex technical topics in an easily digestible manner
• Willingness to work independently and as part of a team
Power, Utilities and Renewables
The Power, Utilities, & Renewables sector is undergoing significant regulatory changes while shifts in outage management are causing many industry leaders to rethink their governance models. Customer expectations for digital connectivity and ease of access are driving business process redesign around the customer experience. Connectivity to the grid is key, and companies are adopting new strategies for asset maintenance and more efficient methods of energy generation and distribution. Deloitte provides a large majority of the Fortune 500 P&U companies with Consulting services now, but moving forward, we have launched a growth strategy to at least double our revenue over the next 3-5 years. By working with Deloitte’s Offering Portfolios to update our mix of services to our clients (digital technologies, SAP HANA, Cloud, Grid and Operations technologies), we are committed to helping our clients work with newly empowered customers, hyper-connected digital ecosystems, and expansion in data.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $125,000 to $209,000.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.