**100% Remote Opportunity** This position is a great opportunity for a Project Cost Analyst with effective communication skills. This position is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working as part of a team. If you’re looking to join a thriving company, Robert Half has a Project Cost Analyst opportunity for you. Duties will consist of financial modeling on various financial products as well as measure, analyze, and forecast performance in conjunction with operating plans. Daily operations will also consist of advising management on the allocation of resources to best accomplish objectives and preparing reports for management. In this role, the candidate will interact with colleagues in a business partner capacity in areas such as forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management. If excites you, contact Robert Half today. This Project Cost Analyst role is based out of Madison, Wisconsin but can be 100% remote. For immediate consideration please contact Dane Nelson @ 608-716-5791.
What you get to do every single day
– Ensure business partners handle their resources by tracking monthly and quarterly performance through the comparison of actuals versus expectations
– Enable effective Business Intelligence (BI) to provide forward-looking insight and decision support
– Possess the know-how and be able to explain internal and external drivers impacting performance and trending
– Ensure plans are properly executed by working with cross-functional partners in Accounting and Operations
– Recognize potential risks and opportunities while analyzing performance to date
– An ideal candidate should be highly flexible, comfortable with large amounts of information, and adept at managing expectations
– Collaborate with senior executives on strategic deep dives through the development of financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, Campaign Planning & Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, event tracking and execution, strategic resource allocation, and prioritization
– Support weekly, quarterly and annual Area/Segment-level Bookings and P& L forecasting
– Compose and oversee forecasting reports
– Lead monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and if any actions are required
– Work closely with Accounting on the monthly and quarterly financial close processes
Requirements – Skills in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly desired (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
– Ability to recognize, evaluate, and resolve problems effectively
– Skilled in Spreadsheet and ERP system
– Experience with financial data management processes & systems, e.g. Oracle/Hyperion/SAP Business Objects/SFDC/Tableau- BA/BS degree in finance or a related field
– Financial planning & analysis (go-to-market experience considered)
– Great written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
– Revenue Forecast experience highly desired
– Proven knowledge of budget forecasting
– Cost Variance experience desired
– Expertise in variance analysis
– Monthly Forecasts experience
– Deep understanding of forecasting
– 2+ years of experience in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
– Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.