There is an opportunity at Robert Half for a highly-skilled Financial Reporting Manager to join a dynamic and fast-growing team. Do you have a real passion for analytics and outstanding social skills? You may excel in this Financial Reporting Manager role. The Financial Reporting Manager is based out of Houston, Texas and is a long-term contract / temporary position.
About the Role
Reporting to the Group Financial Control International – Reporting Manager the Reporting Analyst is responsible for delivering timely and accurate financial information on business activities that enable internal and external customers to make informed decisions. To be successful in this role, you must be able to prioritise while maintaining a high attention to detail. You need to display strong communication, interpersonal skills, essential to building constructive relationships and credibility with diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
· Contribute to the monthly consolidation process ensuring the delivery of consistent, accurate and timely management information (consolidated financials and statistical information).
· Analyse and interpret consolidated results, including actuals and budgeted financial information as well as monthly variance analysis to produce the monthly Financial & Operational Report.
· Focus on Assets performance including production cost, unit cost, EBITDA and cash flow analysis, working capital management, margin and cost analysis and capital/exploration reporting
· Frequent interaction with Investor Relations to support quarterly, half year and annual results announcements and investor presentations
· Deliver ad hoc analysis needed to respond to queries from Finance and Asset Leadership, Group Reporting, Investor Relations and other stakeholders
· Prepare and assist in completion of presentations for management reporting
· Review and identify improvement opportunities for reporting
· Contribute and execute SOX controls over reporting disclosures
Skills & Experience
· Possess an undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting
· CPA or equivalent is desired but not required
· Minimum of five years of professional experience in Finance or Oil and Gas exploration and production industry
· Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain optimal customer and stakeholder relationships
· Effective at communicating a concise performance message, based on complex datasets, to multiple stakeholder groups.
· Demonstrated experience working in SAP/S4 HANA (or similar large ERP system) and consolidation environment
· Excellent analytical, reporting, and problem-solving skills and a proven ability to operate in a deadline driven environment
Track record of identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.