Description Join the team at Robert Half with this Help Desk Analyst Opportunity! This long-term contract / temporary employment opportunity is based in the Washington, District of Columbia area. We especially want to hear from you if you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team. The biggest part of this job is handling complex end-user support issues and providing support to team members by focusing on restoring service to the end users. Another important piece of knowledge you should have as the Help Desk Analyst is how your role relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. It is also required for this position to understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. We need the person in this position to know how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. This is the perfect Service Desk Analyst job for you if you want to represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. Sometimes that involves creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. Analysts may be asked to cover alternative shifts when needed. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment.
– This position must facilitate user account management by closing tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc. Requirements – 3+ years’ of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
– We really want someone with ITIL certification for this job
– Ability to handle multiple tasks to prioritize needs and expedite tasks upon request
– Capable of working independently with minimal oversight
– You’ll be a good fit for this position if you have technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems
– Microsoft SCCM experience preferred
– Adeptness in Intune
– Expertise in Service Desk
– Microsoft Office 365 experience
– Strong familiarity with ServiceNow Platform
– Microsoft Azure experience highly desired
– The ideal candidate should be able to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
– Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing
– Candidates who have a combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude will be preferred
– Strong problem-solving skills
– Working knowledge in one or more programming or scripting language
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.