Description Service Desk Manager to lead the Service Desk department across the enterprise. The role will require the capability & experience to deliver an excellent customer focused experience. This is a leadership role and must act as a role model for the team, entrusting confidence through superior character, equanimity and demonstrated technical acumen.
• Develop, manage and coach customer help desk specialists and application support analysts across multiple locations to deliver exceptional customer experience
• Monitor, report, and analyze team performance to drive improvement in KPIs
• Ex: Call Quality, Response Time, Accuracy, Resolution Time, etc.
• Identify training gaps and assist in building educational opportunities to correct gaps
• Manage expectations and coordinate training opportunities including timelines
• Respond directly to support issues and service requests
• Interface with other team members to insure resolution of incidents in a timely manner
• Ensure customer satisfaction by maintaining constant communication on open service items
• Develop and manage an on call rotation for support services
• Assist in identifying trends in support requests and incidents
• Analyze trends for automation opportunities
• Look for opportunities to modernize the service desk experience
• Develop, maintain, support operational processes
• Develop, manage and maintain vendor relationships
• Manage and work with carriers, service providers and vendors
• Support onsite and field based personnel
• Interview and recommend candidates for hire on an as-needed basis
• Ensure the timely response to all service desk support calls and system-generated alerts.
• Coordinate support team escalations and alert communications during major incidents.
• Develop and coordinate communications with other support teams including FAQ’s or QRC’s
• Determine personnel requirements, set employee schedules and ensure employees have the resources necessary to complete their jobs.
• Develop and maintain support documentation in a central knowledge base
• Other duties as assigned
Directly supervises one or more employees. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Bachelor’s degree with 5-8 years of IT Customer Service Management Experience with a Managed Services Provider; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
• Strong Leadership Experience
• Excellent customer service skills with both written and verbal communication
• Willingness to be “Hands On” and “Do the Work”
• Exceptional Time Management skills
• Strong in all major Microsoft Office product (O365, Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel)
• Strong familiarity with ITIL Service Desk processes
• Strong experience with automation of service desk processes Requirements ITIL – IT Infrastructure Library, ITIL Processes, Call Center, Desktop Environment, Asset Management
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.