A growing distribution company based in North Bergen, NJ is currently seeking a Senior Accountant on a contract to full-time basis to support various integration projects. The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller, and will be tasked with partnering with acquired organizations and integrating them into the parent company’s existing accounting and finance operation. The Senior Accountant will prepare account reconciliations and journal entries, conduct variance analysis, assist with automating processes, manage fixed assets, and assist with inventory accounting. The Senior Accountant will also be involved with processing intercompany transactions, eliminations, and consolidations. Additional responsibilities will include ensuring internal controls, assisting with audit preparation, and supporting ad hoc projects. Proficiency with any variety of Blackline, Workiva, and SAP are desired. Strong Excel skills are a must! Prior experience working on mergers/acquisitions is also required.
If you are interested in applying for this contract to full-time Senior Accountant role focusing on integration activities of mergers/acquisitions, please contact David Serrano at Robert Half Management Resources (551-307-0316 or david.serrano@roberthalf.).
– Minimum 5-7 years of overall general accounting experience
– Ability to work well with functional department managers
– BA/BS in Accounting
– Attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
– Knowledgeable of ERP systems
– Top notch analytical, quantitative and social skills
– Possess strong organizational and follow-up skills
– Self-starter and strong ethical standards
– Outstanding skills in analyzing financial data and promptly generating accurate reports
– Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
– Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
– Quality experience with account reconciliations
– Well-founded grasp of inventory analysis
– Consolidated Financial Statements experience
– Practical knowledge of Monthly Journal Entries
– Experience with Consolidated Financial Statements
– Proven knowledge of BlackLine
– Acquisition Integration experience
– General familiarity with Fixed Assets
– Comprehensive knowledge of Mergers & Acquisitions (M& A)
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.