Description Robert Half is seeking an Accounts Receivable (A/R) Clerk. There is a quickly growing accounting team looking for a candidate to join them who is interested in great career growth potential and a great benefits package. If you are able to enter, post and reconcile batches, research and resolve customer A/R issues, prepare aging report, place billing and collection calls, maintain cash receipts journal, update, and reconcile sub-ledger to G/L, you are a good fit for this position. In this Accounts Receivable Clerk position, you will need to be a self-starter with high attention to detail, in order to succeed at handling 200+ invoices a week. This is a long-term contract / temporary Accounts Receivable Clerk position and is based in the Sunnyvale, California area.
What you get to do every day
– Execute a range of foundational accounting tasks in agreement with normal procedures, including general accounting tasks
– Settle bank accounts, posting and balancing financial data in a variety of ledgers
– Locate delinquent customer accounts through various means, e.g. skip-tracing, phone contact, written correspondence, and make arrangements for payment
– Provide information, as requested to shippers, customers, the sales/marketing department and other stakeholders
– Promote, communicate, and reinforce the mission, values and culture of the organization
– Process payments and compile segments of monthly closings and annual reports in compliance with GAAP
– Contact clients to help resolve payment issues; assist in setting up payment plans
– Test documents and codes Requirements – Knowledgeable of ERP systems
– 2+ years of relevant experience in accounts receivable
– Strong analytical skills in basic accounts receivable and accounting policy
– AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field
– Dependability in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills in particular
– Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
– Solid understanding of SAP
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.