Robert Half is conducting a search for a Senior Compensation Analyst for a very reputable client in Minneapolis. Under the leadership and direction of the Senior Vice President of Human Resources, the Senior Compensation Analyst is responsible for analyzing, developing and administering Team Member compensation programs which includes conducting benchmarking and market research, survey participation and analysis of base pay, incentive performance management and other pay programs. They will lead the implementation of new projects and initiatives and directing the service delivery of the compensation philosophy. The goal is to ensure that the compensation programs enhance the organization’s ability to recruit, retain and motivate our Team Members.
Specifically, you will:
• Evaluate jobs and analyze base salaries and incentive plans for external competitiveness, internal equity, and legal compliance
• Survey industry and market data to determine company’s competitive position in all direct and indirect pay programs to ensure that compensation and benefits programs enhance the organization’s ability to recruit, retain and motivate team members
• Identify geographic pay differentials and apply varying conditions in compensating team members
• Creates, implements, and manages a meaningful annual merit/bonus planning process
• Develops, recommends, manages, and implements compensation structures including grade/band structures, bonus plans, sales incentive plans and executive compensation plans and ensures that the programs are fair, equitable and competitive and that they align with company strategy and business goals
• Monitors compensation program elements such as competitive pay adjustments, promotions, job changes and short-term incentive goals and awards
• Maintain compensation data and generate compensation reports
• Provides HR team and leaders with tools to ensure all pay adjustments and promotions align to established guidelines, policies, and practices
• Conducts regular total compensation market analysis to update or confirm total compensation structure and market competitiveness for each position and function
• Interpret competitive compensation data, present observations to management and recommends actions based on analysis
• Ensures that detailed job descriptions and relevant compensation structures are reviewed with HR leadership and functional leaders
• Conduct job evaluations of new and revised positions using methods such as market pricing or job slotting
• Design and maintain pay/grade structure and pay delivery methodology
• Collaborate with HR Business Partners and Business leaders to understand and in partnership, help solve for issues related to compensation and benefits
• Influence the design of an HRIS for optimal compensation planning experience
• Oversees the preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, etc.
• Ensure data integrity of employee salary data through SAP
• Utilize Cornerstone platform to develop compensation planning
Apply directly or reach out to Jason Pfieffer via LinkedIn to learn more about the opportunity.
+ BS degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or related field or equivalent experience
+ 5 years’ experience in compensation including base salary design/administration, use of market surveys, job pricing and variable pay design
+ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build strong relationships across all levels of an organization
+ Proven experience working with and managing confidential and sensitive information
+ Experience applying data and analytics to influence decision making and business outcomes
+ Knowledge and understanding of all applicable laws (e.g., FLSA)
+ Experience working with Geographic Differentials
+ Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with strong excel modeling skills required, including ability to understand and trace complex formulas, and comfort with functions such as SUMIFS, VLOOKUP, and with pivot tables. Strong attention to detail.
+ Highly self-motivated with strong time management, interpersonal, communication and planning skills
+ Experience in organizing and prioritizing multiple projects / deliverables
+ Certification from WorldatWork or SHRM a plus
+ Experience working in privately held companies desired
+ Experience working in manufacturing companies desired
+ Experience with Cornerstone Learning Management & Merit Planning Systems
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.