A well-respected Robert Half client is seeking a Senior Cost Accountant to join the company for an interim opportunity. In this contract engagement with a hybrid onsite in Clarksville/remote schedule, you will act as the costing subject matter expert on all costing inquiries and analysis (job order costing environment). The assignment is anticipated to last approximately 2 months.
What you get to do every single day
– Perform analysis of standard versus actual costs to identify variances
– Develop and implement cost accounting methods and procedures
– Prepare explanations and analysis in response to costing queries
– Balance sheet reconciliations
– Assemble and analyze cost reports and costing audits
– Consistently adhere to corporate guidelines and internal and external requirements when completing assigned processes, procedures and workflows
– Investigate costs that seem contrary to experience after analyzing cost records and calculation of unit cost for products or services related to a specific job or project
– Bachelor or Business Administration degree with a specialization in Finance or Accounting
– Current and relevant ERP system experience (SAP or Oracle type systems)
– Must have excellent communication (written and verbal) skills to interact clearly and effectively in a fast-changing environment
– Excellent MS Excel skills a must, including data analysis and modeling capabilities
– Minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience in a costing capacity in a manufacturing setting
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.