Description A company working with Robert Half in the Newark, California area has an imperative need for a Senior Financial Analyst to join their staff. The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the coordination of various planning cycles (monthly outlooks, annual planning, and quarterly forecasts), while providing strategic analyses and recommendations. You will contribute variance analysis of bookings, revenues and expenses, clearly explaining the business reasons for variances and adjusting the outlook models to reflect operational adjustments. The Senior Financial Analyst will supervise the establishment of long-range operating plans to support business initiatives, developing rolling forecast processes to ensure resources are leveraged with maximum effectiveness, and driving world class strategic and financial planning methods. Perform routine data-driven planning processes and improve upon monthly and quarterly reporting. This Senior Financial Analyst role will give you the opportunity to become an integral part of the team, which will allow strategic input to the senior leadership of the company. Apply immediately! This is a permanent opportunity.
– Make and supervise forecasting reports
– You will be closely collaborating with cross functional partners in Accounting and Operations to execute against plans
– Recognize and disclose internal and external drivers impacting performance and trending
– Manage weekly, quarterly and annual Area/Segment-level Bookings and P& L forecasting
– Get together with senior executives on strategic deep dives by developing financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, Campaign Planning & Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, event tracking and execution, strategic resource allocation and prioritization
– Facilitate effective Business Intelligence (BI) to provide forward-looking insight and decision support
– Review performance to date and assess potential risks and opportunities
– Track monthly and quarterly performance through comparison of actuals versus expectations and enable business partners to handle their resources
– Submit monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and actions required
– Team up with Accounting on the monthly and quarterly financial close process Requirements – Accomplished presentation skills
– Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, MBA preferred
– Professionally trained in financial reporting tools
– SAP experience highly desired
– Proven knowledge of Cost Management
– Foundational knowledge in Asset Inventory
– Ad Hoc Analysis experience required
– Proficiency in Ad Hoc Analysis
– Solid understanding of account analysis
– 3+ years’ experience with advanced financial analysis, planning and budget controls required
– Ability to simplify complex problems and build solutions
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.