Description Robert Half is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant with terrific organizational skills to take up a long-term contract / temporary to hire position at a growing company. As a Staff Accountant, you will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. You will have responsibility for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. In addition, you will support the development and implementation of accounting policies. In addition, you will play an active role in compliance, collaborate with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the reporting processes. This position is very involved as it will produce Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. Based in the New York, New York region, this company offers an engaging and mulit-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded.
Your responsibilities in this role
– Oversee the creation of monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for reporting to management
– Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
– Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as needed
– Support capital lease and monthly payment schedules
– Keep up fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
– Be a part of various initiatives spanning multiple departments
– Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
– Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
– Carry out month end close, journal entries, without supervision
– Offer succinct analysis on a wide variety of financial data and communicate it in a clear and concise manner Requirements – Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
– Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
– Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
– Current and relevant ERP system experience
– Adeptness in month end closings
– Demonstrated knowledge of SAP
– Deep understanding of journal entries
– Auditing experience
– Solid understanding of Accounts Payable (AP)
– General ledger experience required
– Foundational knowledge in Microsoft Excel
– Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
– BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
– Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
– Candidate must possess first-rate analytical, quantitative and social skills
– Self-starter and strong ethical standards
– High attention to detail
– 3+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.