Description If you’re looking to build your career in accounting, there’s currently a Staff Accountant position through Robert Half that you may want to check out. This company is located in the Florence, Kentucky region and is offering a dynamic, mulit-faceted long-term contract / contract / temporary opportunity where effort is rewarded. The duties of Staff Accountant include fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, general ledger reconciliation, journal entries, and the preparation of monthly and year-end closings. This position will require a time commitment, since it produces Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. During the monthly close, you’ll also be charged with various aspects of internal reporting. You’ll also review schedules for the reporting processes, stay in touch with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and play an active role in compliance.
– Execute month end close, journal entries, with little supervision
– Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
– Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
– Maintain fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
– Participate in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
– Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as needed
– Take part in various department-wide initiatives
– Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
– Oversee the creation of monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for reporting to management
– Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules Requirements – Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
– Experience with Month-end Close Activities
– General familiarity with Month-end Reports
– Oracle Enterprise experience
– Command of manufacturing
– Demonstrated knowledge of Perform Month-end
– Adeptness in Month-end Journal Entries
– Forecasting experience preferred
– Strong familiarity with SAP
– Practical knowledge of journal entries
– Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
– Spreadsheet and database capabilities
– Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
– Self-starter and strong ethical standards
– Recent and relevant accounting experience
– BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
– Knowledgeable of ERP systems
– Demonstrated analytical abilities, tendency to quickly connect dots and surmise logical outcomes
– Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
– Attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.