An up-and-coming firm in the High Tech – Electronics industry has teamed up with Robert Half to find an efficient Staff Accountant to join their team. The responsibilities of a Staff Accountant entail preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. You’ll also be responsible for various aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. You’ll also be participating in compliance, reviewing schedules for the reporting processes, and staying connected with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits. This position involves a good deal of time spent on producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. Located in the San Jose, California area, the company offering this challenging long-term contract / temporary to hire opportunity provides a thriving environment and rewards effort.
– Participate in various initiatives spanning multiple departments
– Carry out month end close, journal entries, without supervision
– Ad-hoc tasks and special projects, as needed
– Produce complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
– Participate in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
– Commentate on a wide variety of financial data and communicate it in a useful and understandable manner
– Carry out fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
– Great attention to detail
– Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
– Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
– Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
– Current and relevant ERP system experience
– Month end closings experience required
– Proficiency in SAP
– Comprehensive knowledge of general ledger
– Extraordinary analytical, quantitative and social skills
– 5+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
– BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
– Spreadsheet and database capabilities
– Mature organizational, written and verbal communication skills
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.