Description If you’re an experienced accountant with a keen eye for accuracy, there’s an exciting opportunity through Robert Half for you to check out at a growing firm. The responsibilities of a Staff Accountant entail preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. Many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close will be your reponsibility. Your duties will also include participating in compliance, reviewing schedules for the reporting processes, and staying connected with our external auditors throughout quarterly reviews and annual audits. A highly involved position, it works to produce Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. Located in the Oak Ridge, Tennessee area, the company offering this challenging short-term contract / temporary to hire opportunity provides a thriving environment and rewards effort.
– Be responsible for analysis of income statements and balance sheets and communicate findings to management
– Play a role in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
– Ready complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
– Aid in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
– Ad-hoc tasks and special projects, as needed
– Conduct month end close, journal entries, without supervision
– Manage capital lease and monthly payment schedules
– Carry out fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
– Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
– Participate in various department-wide initiatives Requirements – Self-starter and strong ethical standards
– High attention to detail
– Ability to thrive in a dynamic, high pressure environment, to prioritize deals and adapt to quick changes while remaining diligent
– Oracle ERP experience
– SAP experience preferred
– Adeptness in account reconciliation
– Knowledge of Billing Collection
– Strong familiarity with general ledger
– Analyze Revenues experience desired
– Recent and relevant accounting experience
– Proficient in ERP systems
– Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
– Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
– BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
– Distinguished analytical, quantitative and social skills
– Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
– Spreadsheet and database capabilities
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.