Description Are you looking to build your career in accounting? There’s currently a Staff Accountant position with Robert Half permanent Engagement Profesional / Loan Staff program that you may want to check out. Set in Madison, Wisconsin and partnering with our clients around the area, this opportunity offers the ability to break up the monotony of the month to month accounting cycle by working on anywhere from 2-6 client engagements a year while receiving permanent pay, benefits, 401k, etc! Responsibilities held by the Staff Accountant include the preparation of monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. A very involved position, this role produces Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. During the monthly close, your will also be in charge of many aspects of internal reporting. In addition, you will take part in compliance, communicate with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the reporting processes. Responsibilities – Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner – Carry out month end close, journal entries, without supervision – Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation – Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested – Manage the design and creation of balance sheet analysis and communicate reports to management – Carry out fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation – Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll – Participate in various department-wide initiatives – Support implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
For more details on this role please call Christopher Hoppa @ 608-830-2656 Requirements – Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
– Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
– Extraordinary analytical, quantitative and social skills
– Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
– SAP experience preferred
– Pivot Table experience highly preferred
– Earlier work involving Accounts Payable (AP)
– Cost accounting experience preferred
– Solid understanding of month end closings
– Good understanding of Accounts Receivable (AR)
– Practical knowledge of VLOOKUP
– Proficiency in financial reporting
– Background working with Excel Formulas
– Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
– Competent with spreadsheets and databases
– BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
– Experience with ERP systems
– Spreadsheet and database capabilities
– Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.