Description Join the team at Robert Half with this Help Desk Analyst Opportunity! This long-term contract / temporary to hire employment opportunity is based in the Auburn, New Hampshire area. You should apply today if you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team. If you’re looking for work where you can handle complex end-user support issues and provide support to team members by focusing and restoring service to the end users, this job might be for you. How your role as the Help Desk Analyst relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives is also important. You should also understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. We need the person in this position to know how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. This is the perfect Service Desk Analyst job for you if you want to represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. The chosen candidate might end up creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. If you can cover alternative shifts when needed, you will be successful at this Analyst job. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment. This role is with a company in the IT Consulting industry.
– Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
– Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
– The ideal candidate for this job is able to facilitate user account management by handling onboarding, change and departure processes
– Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
– Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
– Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
– Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members Requirements – Can work independently with minimal supervision
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– In this position, the candidate will be tasked with analyzing complex business problems, proposing effective solutions and understanding and applying business vision and direction
– Well-founded grasp of SNMP
– SQL experience preferred
– Quality experience with SSH
– Practical knowledge of Telnet
– Proven knowledge of Ticketing System
– General familiarity with FTP
– Microsoft Office experience highly desired
– PHP Mysql experience
– Linux experience required
– Wide ranging experience with hTTP
– Comprehensive knowledge of Basic Network Troubleshooting
– A combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude is required for success at this position
– Background in one or more programming or scripting language
– Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills
– This job will often be easier if you have ITIL certification
– Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
– Applicants with technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems will be preferred
– 3+ years’ of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.